Download complete Survey Report here.
The Mimico 20/20 Revitalization Plan (Plan) is a City of Toronto initiative that has been underway in the community since 2006. Etobicoke York Community Council was scheduled to vote on the Plan on February 26, 2013, however, this has been deferred to April 2013.
In an effort to provide a broad vehicle to gather additional and unbiased feedback from Mimico residents and other members of the Community outside of official channels, the Mimico Residents Association (MRA) developed and administered an online survey.
This survey focused specifically on the following:
- how respondents would vote if they were a city councillor,
- opinions specific to affordable housing, and
- 1:1 rental replacement options.
Below is a Summary of the results. For comments and a complete description of the survey process and response, please download our Survey Report.
In your opinion, should the current version of the Mimico 20/20 Revitalization Plan be approved by Council?
- Nearly half of respondents (47.4%) indicated they agree that the 20/20 plan be approved in its current form.
- 28.2% of respondents do not believe the 20/20 plan should be approved by Council, while 24.4% are undecided.
Do you believe the number of affordable rental housing units in Mimico should be increased?
- 63.9% of respondents indicated they believe the number of rental housing units in Mimico should not be increased.
- Approximately one-third (32.3%) of respondents indicated we need to increase the number of rental housing.
- 3.9% of respondents were undecided.
Regarding the 1:1 replacement of rental units, where do you believe the new rental units should be located?
- The majority of respondents (65.8%) believe replacement rental units could be located on or close to the original site.
- 24.7% of respondents indicated the units should remain on the original site, while 9.6% were undecided.
- 12 people skipped this question