Minutes for MRA Board of Directors meeting
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Meeting at the home of Deborah
Present: Chris, Leanne, Lesley, Leigh, Deborah, Andrew, Kent, Anne, Daniel, John
- As quorum was present, Chris moved to open the meeting at 7:41pm.
- Action items completed from June:
- JoAnne to create Party in the Park schedule for the evening – Complete
- Lesley changed wording on website as proposed to reflect the June 30th cutoff for membership – Complete
- Lesley to handover membership responsibilities to Jo Anne – Complete
- Propose mural on Storefront Humber wall – Not complete – defer for now
- Motion to approve June Minutes. Chris motioned; all in favour.
- Halloween Dance planning:
- Changes Based on experience from last year. Schedule on Friday as venue cheaper. Monitor so groups of kids do not run through bathrooms, better signage, lighting, and more setup time
- Proposed Location/date/time: St. Leo’s, Fri Oct 27 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm, with 45 – 60 mins for setup
- Items for sale last year: Glow Necklaces/bracelets/wands, water, ring pops, candy
- Expand sponsor’s list to include volunteer DJ
- Action Item: Lesley to book venue this week.
- Action Item: Deb will call DJ Warren to determine availability.
- Action Item: Chris to ask Mary to change PDF to reflect new date, and about online tickets.
- Action Item: Deb will ask Zark for blow up decorations, bring decorations, and ask Kira for hers.
- Action Item: Andrew to print posters and bring to next meeting.
- Action Item: Daniel to ask Rec Room for plasma cars & sponsorship.
- Action Item: Lesley to ask Sandy & Rayissa to sponsor. Ask Dana to do crafts and face painting. Ask Kira about forwarding paper ticket template.
- Action Item: Anne to talk to Joel Keitner about FBI pizza contact or sponsorship
- Action Item: Leanne to ask movie theatre for big popcorn bag.
- Action Item: Deb and JoAnne to coordinate candy/treat pickup.
- MLCN Consultation Invitation; All Community Groups invited. Issues to discuss will include parks, traffic, parking, transit, trends in the community, etc. Kent and Anne to attend and represent the MRA. Action Item: Kent and Anne to finalize community survey and send.
- New member interest. Action Item: Chris to invite Kate to next meeting
- Leanne completed CRA Filing
- E-news Mailing List. Leigh to add new email addresses to MailChimp. JoAnne and Leanne to let Leigh know when new members join.
- Bell Box Mural Update: Painting starting week of September 18th! Paint will be distributed and 8 artists will be underway. The unveiling event is Thursday, October 12th at 1pm.
- Changes to the OMB: MRA should send representatives to Milczyn’s upcoming consultations on future of OMB. Action Item: John to inform us of meetings.
- Next meeting: Wednesday October 11th, 7:30pm at Anne’s house
- Motion from Daniel to terminate 9:05pm. Seconded by Lesley. All in favour.