Have your say before the councillors vote on the Mimico 20/20 Revitalization Plan.
Take our short three question survey.
- Heights and density
- Relocation of replacement rental units
- Affordable housing
The Plan currently states that it would consider relocating some of the rental units along Lake Shore to areas immediately within the community. The theory is that this would allow for less building height by the lake while maintaining the 1:1 rental unit replacement policy. These units are defined as “affordable rental housing.”
While you may or may not agree with all aspects of the current Plan, please consider the following as you go through the survey:
- If the Plan is approved, development in the area will have defined parameters and guidelines to follow based on Community input.
- If Council votes to reject the Plan, development could begin without these parameters and guidelines. Existing City regulations will be in force.
- It is possible that the Plan could be approved or rejected, in full or in part, by Council.
- Council could vote to defer consideration and instruct City staff to conduct more work before reviewing the Plan again at a later date.
At any time, if a development proposal is rejected by the City, then the developer can proceed and request a hearing at the OMB. The MRA has learned that there is a greater likelihood of success for community’s residents at a hearing, when their views match the City’s secondary plan.
The survey consists of only three key questions, however, before you start, please ensure you are familiar with the Mimico 20/20 Plan. Visit www.toronto.ca/planning/mimico2020.htm for information.
And as always, your responses will remain anonymous.