Thursday Nov 8, 2018 – Chris’s House
Present: Anne Arthur (minutes), Deborah Burgess, Leanne Faber, Adam Matheson, Chris Moore (chair), Kent Schroeder, Lesley Rowe Strong
Regrets: Leigh Graham, Kate Leslie Johnston, Cam Smith
- Quorum obtained; meeting began at 7:35 pm
- Approval of October minutes – Chris
- Moved by Lesley, seconded by Deborah. All in favour – approved.
- Tree for Me Closeout – Chris/Leanne
- Essentially wrapped up – Kate can provide a more comprehensive update at the next meeting.
- $438.85 of grant money obtained was spent + $250 to LSA for accounting services.
- Kate has requested photos – ACTION: Adam to send Kate photos he took at TFM event.
Dance Closeout – Chris/All
- Financial Summary – Leanne
- $150 sponsorship received from Old Mill Realty, after the event.
- Total profit = $1937.19.
- Improvements for Next Year
- Tattoos and colouring pages were popular – Lesley suggested that we add an additional craft table next year (total = 3 tables)
- Start with 15 pizzas
- Only four advance tickets were sold – next year we will not do paper tickets.
- Remember – more power bars!
- Did not need popcorn.
- Price list needs to be updated – inconsistent pricing, everything should be a dollar – currently some things are .50 and .75.
- Safer candy.
- Chris will look into booking Mimico Adult Centre early before summer. Leanne raised that the Mimico Library may also work as an alternate location.
- Financial Summary – Leanne
GO Station Development Proposal Meeting Update – Adam/Chris
- Adam provided an update on the Nov 5th meeting with Vandyke. Will be redeveloping the ‘Mimico on the GO’ land, adding underground parking for the station.
- Tunnel will connect Blue Goose St to platforms.
- Mixed use development – planning to incorporate some non-residential uses.
- Vandyke is planning to hold an open house in early 2019 – they will share info with us to distribute when it is available.
- ACTION: Adam will post a short summary of the meeting to Facebook, providing an information update to the community. Plans for January open house will be shared.
from Mimico by the Lake BIA to have MRA rep attend their board meetings at 8am
on the second Wed of every month
- Chris will ask Alison Juda from the BIA to share the agendas with him. He will share with the board and if anyone is interested they can attend.
- Update on Third Lakeshore Leaders’ Forum – Adam
- Round table format, fewer presentations than previous meetings.
- Looking to create sub-groups/committees to focus on specific issues of relevance to the neighbourhood (e.g., traffic, transit, voter engagement)
- Next LLF meeting will be in January, planning to host a town hall involving all levels of government.
Planning – Chris
- Location (Mimico Library) and date (March 21) have been confirmed.
- Councillor Grimes & MPP Hogarth have been invited to speak.
- Nominating Committee Update – Anne
- Anne provided a status update. One ‘meet and greet’ has been held, and an additional meeting has been set for late November.
- The board discussed the number of vacancies that need to be filled for the 2019/2020 board.
- Other Business
- MRA Instagram Account – Anne provided an update that an Instagram account has been created for the MRA.
- Chris will connect with MPP Hogarth to organize a meet & greet – introduce ourselves, tell her about the MRA and the work that we do in the community
- The group discussed some ideas and plans for the future, and agreed to hold a strategy/planning meeting in early December to further discuss.
- Cam Smith has resigned from the MRA Board
- Next meeting date and time
- Thurs Jan 17, location TBD