Metrolinx is hosting an Open House Public Meeting on July 5, 2018 from 2 – 4pm and 6 – 8pm at Mimico Presbyterian Church (119 Mimico Avenue) to discuss the Mimico, Long Branch and potential Park Lawn GO stations.
We had the opportunity to meet with representatives from Metrolinx earlier in the month and can provide you with some of the key information up for discussion at the Open House. Metrolinx shared with us the background of work completed to date. Of particular interest was that Metrolinx has issued a Request for Proposal for the work to three teams of companies. It’s also listed on Infrastructure Ontario.
The upgrades to Mimico GO station planned by Metrolinx will include:
- A new accessible main station building.
- Two new east and west tunnels with elevator and stair access to platform level.
- Two accessible north and south entrance buildings with a new passenger pick-up & drop-off area on Manchester Street.
- Rehabilitations of existing platforms, including snow melting systems, heated shelters, elevators, stairs and integrated platform canopies.
- Revisions to existing parking lot, including passenger drop-off and pick-up area, bike lanes, pedestrian walkways and bike shelters.
The construction of a South Entrance near the Blue Goose is dependent on negotiations between Metrolinx and Toronto Community Housing. We encourage all residents to let Metrolinx representatives at the Open House know how important the South Entrance is to our community.
Images from Metrolinx of the proposed upgrades:
Representatives from the Mimico Residents Association will be present at the meeting and will provide more information when we get it. In the meantime, if you have any questions or comments you would like to share with Metrolinx and cannot attend the Open House on July 5, we would recommend contacting Michael Paolucci, Community Relations & Issues Specialist.