Sent: November 17th 2014
Dear Councillor Grimes,
Congratulations on your re-election as the Ward 6 Councillor. We look forward to working with you on issues within Mimico and on those adjacent to our community.
We trust that your objectives for your upcoming term are:
- To maintain your commitment and support for the long term objectives of the Mimico by the Lake Secondary Plan.
- To consult us and allow us to participate during the planning phases of community development and its associated infrastructure
- To involve us in the discussion and resolution of land use and zoning issues
- To involve us in the on-going ground and rail transportation discussion
- To actively pursue the removal of the active ML Redimix cement batching plant from its current residential location on Judson Street to an appropriate non-residential industrial location
- To offer your advice, assistance and support when we are involved in City and OMB Hearings.
Please respond with your views, positions and expectations on these matters as you enter your new term as our City Councillor in 2015.