News

June 2020 Meeting Minutes

MEETING MINUTES

MRA Board Meeting

Wednesday JUNE 17, 2020

Google Conference Call (Details sent)

In attendance: Adam Matheson, Heather Mak, Emma Park, John Homsy, Mostafa Shahein, Mike Majeski, Joe Fotia

Regrets: James Stack, Jackie Monahan, Tim Ellis

 

1. Quorum and Meeting Opening – Mike

2. Approval of May Minutes – ALL 

  • Suggested amendments: list out members who all attended, add who approved and seconded the motion, and correct spelling of Mostafa’s name
  • Minutes approved by Emma, seconded by Mostafa
  • Heather to post May meeting minutes on website

 3. Insurance – Joe

  • Insurance was reviewed for another year, cost did not increase
  • Renewal process was difficult
  • Invoice will be sent to PO Box – Emma has key to access it
  • Contact for MRA insurance changed from Chris to Mike
  • Joe to work with Emma to send e-transfer to insurance company this week
  • Emma to connect with Chris/Leanne re: signing authority

 4. Individual Bios – Heather

  • Remaining bios/pictures to be sent by July 1st to Heather for posting – Jackie (photo and bio), James (photo), Joe (photo and bio), Mike (picture)

5. The Lakeshore Affordable Housing Action and Advocacy Group (LAHAAG) – Mike

  • Mike attended meeting
  • LAHAAG has asked for MRA’s written support
  • John to do more research through Mark Grimes’ office on affordable housing in Etobicoke before putting together MRA proposition

6. COVID-19 Update – Heather

  • Consider continuing online updates on COVID-19 with Maloney, Hogarth
  • John to check with Mark Grimes’ office on potential online update
  • Other ideas: online session with a Toronto Public Health professional (e.g. Anne), doctor (Emma to ask)
  • Mike to reach out to Tim about setting up further sessions with MPP Hogarth and MP Maloney

7. Fireworks – Heather

  • Issue in neighbourhood
  • Heather to add a note to newsletter about fireworks by-law in Toronto

8. Traffic study

  • Traffic study delayed
  • Heather to add into the newsletter

9. Membership – Mike

  • Discuss how we can maintain and increase membership during COVID19
  • Due to cancellation of AGM, we are down 25 people (total: 75)
  • Adam to send a reminder to remaining members
  • Mostafa to send to members of his condo/townhouse community group

10. Supporting the Black community in Mimico – Heather

  • Highlight Black owned businesses in Mimico through ongoing video series
  • John to get in touch with Trent
  • Mike to get in touch with local shelter

11. New Business – ALL

  • Logo redesign – John will send through iterations
  • John looking for somewhere to showcase 3D printed map of area

12. Next Meeting TBD – ALL

  • Wednesday July 15th, 7:30PM
  • Zoom/Google Meet

 

Leave a Reply