MRA Meeting Minutes
Thursday Jun 6, 2019
7:30pm at Etobicoke Yacht Club
Attended: Adam, Anne, Bri, Chris, Deb, Joe, Kate, Leanne, Tim
Regrets: Heather and John
1) Quorum and meeting opening- 7:35pm.
2) Approve May Minutes
- Motion to approve- Tim; Seconded Bri- approved
3) Board Insurance Renewal
- Joe-Insurance has been paid, same policy and premium
4) Mimico Summer Brewery Event
- Adam provided a summary of events that other RA’s typically host.
- Tim and Bri went to Great Lakes Brewery- they will provide either patio or back room
- Room holds 90
- Free event or ticketed event with beer?- preference seems to hold a free event
- Week nights are generally available
- Next steps- review packages and circle back with the Board to discuss options.
5) Party in the Park Planning – Tues Jun 11
- MRA will take part this year, albeit with a smaller group of available volunteers
- We will have tent with toys while we speak to parents
- We want to continue to call upon MRA alumni to volunteer at events so that not all volunteering falls on current Board.
6) Pollinator Grant and Eco Schools Planning Update
- Grant has been approved. We will be co-grantees with David Hornell School which is where the gardens will be located.
- Gillian Leitch from Alter Eden Gardens assisted with the grant application, consulting on appropriate plants and location of gardens
- Plant will be in the spring- hoping to do a community planting event.
- Next step will be to conduct a site visit by PollinateTO.
7) Movie night
- Working with Mark Grimes Office
- Movie confirmed- Princess Bride
- Date is July 19, 2019
- Consider a separate email targeted at our current members
- Chris- will add to google calendar
8) Bell Box Murals Update
- Bri provided an update on potential locations
- 7 possible locations (12 total boxes): Royal York @ Lakeshore; Dwight @ Struthers; Dwight @ Burmingham; Lake Cresc. @ Royal York; Judson @ Royal York; Manitoba @ Milton; Stanley @ Station
- Ideally we should propose 11 boxes
- We need to come up with $10,000 in funds
- Bell will prep and maintain the boxes
- Next step: reach out to Councillor Grimes, Lakeshore Arts to request funding, speak to Mike the head of the artist alliance project
- Prioritize boxes- Dwight @ Hillside, Dwight @ Second street, choosing 3 alternate priority locations.
9) Halloween Dance
- Book St Leo’s Gym early in case alternate location needed (in 2018, by mid-September Mimico Adult Centre was booked by another group)
- Proposed Date: Friday Oct 25th
- We want to book in advance
- Organizing Committee will consist of: Deb, Bri, Chris, Tim, Joe
- Email callout to Members to assist in volunteering
10) Next board meeting dates & locations
- Proposed Dates: Thurs Sept 12 @ EYC, Thurs Oct 17, Thurs Nov 14, Thurs Dec 12
11) Other business
- Kate followed up with Grimes office re Traffic Study- no new developments
- Bri Attended the Mimico on the go info meeting – not a lot of new developments
Meeting Adjourned 8:45pm