Wednesday Feb 13, 2019
7:30pm at Adam’s House
Present: Chris, Leanne, Adam, Deb, Kent, Kate, John, Heather, Bri
Regrets: Anne, Leigh
1) Quorum and meeting opening
2) Introductions and welcome to prospective board members
3) Approval of Jan Minutes; Motion by Kent; Seconded by Deb; Approved
4) AGM Planning Update
· Mimico Library booked Thursday March 21 7:00-9:30.
o 7:00 – 7:15 Setup
o 7:15 – 7:30 Members Arrive, Renew Membership
o 7:30 – 8:10 AGM
o 8:10 – 9 Speakers – Grimes / Hogarth
· First 45 minutes will be AGM. Second half will be guest speakers: Councilor Mark Grimes ; MPP Christine Hogarth
· Publicity will consist of e-news Facebook (MRA page and local Facebook groups), promoted via Grimes’ social media, send to Hogarth e-news, James Maloney, promoted advertising, real estate agents media sites, Guardian
· Deb to pick up amp and mic from L&M on the day of AGM
· Possible questions for Grimes:
o Update on traffic study on Mimico
o Affordable green space
· Christine Hogarth:
o VanDyk redevelopment
o Metrolinx fare reduction status, fare harmonization
o Affordable housing
· QR code- Adam will print
· AGM Reports (due by Mar 13)
President, Secretary, Treasurer, Nominating Committee
· Print 30 Copies of Reports-Leanne
· Jimmy’s Coffee sponsoring coffee. Tim to coordinate coffee & snacks
5) MRA Portable Banner update – Anne/Adam
· Carry forward.
· Deb – to ask her contacts for recommendations on printing company
6) Mimico Waterfront Cleanup – Saturday Apr 27,2019
· Leanne and Heather to coordinate
· Sponsored Laura Giraudy
7) Lakeshore Leaders Forum – Update
· Bri attended the meeting and provided a summary- there were a few groups from the northern part of ward 6. Key topics were densification, north/south transit.
· Next town hall will be on “complete communities” and impact of densification on areas
· Decision whether to attend will be when next meeting is announced
8) Air Cadets Invitation to Community Orgs to present their work Thurs, Feb 21 7 to 9 pm – Anne
· Anne and Joe will attend. Anne to prepare short presentation.
9) Membership Month & FB Post Boosting update – Adam
· Update on membership month – campaign yielded 6 new memberships and 13 renewals
10) Next board meeting date & location – Wed Apr 3 @ Leanne’s house
11) Other business
· MAS Advise- Kate provided summary of her meeting with MAS representative
· It sounds as though MAS can assist with strategic planning should MRA wish to use their services in the future. Cost would be minimal (they ask only for a nominal donation if an organization is able to do so).
· This will be a discussion for the new Board.