Date/Time: February 8, 2018, 7:30pm.
Location: Leanne’s House
Chair: Chris Moore
Minutes: Leigh Graham
Attendees: Leanne Faber, Leigh Graham, Lesley Rowe Strong, Kent Schroeder
Regrets: Anne Arthur, Andrew Bridel, John Cary, Daniel Gerecht, Deborah Burgess
Guests: Cam, Kate
1: Review and Approval of January Minutes: quorum not reached, so unable to approve.
2: Changes to Executive:
New Board to recommended at AGM by the Nominating Committee: 11 members including 3 new ones (Cam, Adam and Kate)
President: Chris will say on in president role if a suitable replacement is not identified
Vice President: Lesley to step down from VP role; Anne or Kent to replace her
Secretary: Leigh to step down from Secretary if replacement is available
3: AGM Planning:
At Library: Thursday March 22, 7:30-9 (booked room from 7-9:30, doors at 7:15)
Birds and Beans to donate coffee
San Remo – Cam to ask for sponsorship
Bread Essentials – Leigh to ask Jose
No Frills- Kate to ask for sponsorship
- President’s report
- Secretary report
- Treasurer’s report
- Nominating Committee report (Anne)
- Action: Have reports ready in advance of March 18th. Will post online before the meeting.
- Action: Each party bring 30 copies of their own report.
Action: Chris to prepare formal agenda
Andrew to print colour posters of Bell box project
Lesley to handle memberships at the door
Leanne to bring cash box
Cam: digital marketing; driver of membership retention and new member generation. Cam was added to social media team to update our Facebook page along with Anne.
Guardian? Chris to post online
Parent Council David Hornell: Kate to inform them of meeting
4: Update on 39 Newcastle:
Mimico Lakeshore Community Network is a Party at OMB Hearings
Chris will draft a motion for Cam to represent MRA as a participant, and email the board
5: Update on the Mr. Christie idea session:
Kent & Chris attended a Q&A session
Developers pushing for a GO station; Metrolinx says no
6: Mimico Ave traffic concerns for TTC bus:
Councillor Grimes’ sent letter to TTC asking them to investigate other route options. We are monitoring the response.
7: Upcoming Events:
- Waterfront Clean Up on Earth Day April 21st
- Tree for Me Spring ’18 Grant Appl due Feb 16; training for tree planting(Leanne/Chris), Kate to do grant, Kent to help, will invite Anne too, suggest Amos Waites for a venue, need a permit? Chris to contact BIA to find out.
- Movie Night (Grimes did movie night in Sam Smith park) giant inflatable screen ; city local 416 union. 150 ppl turnout; provide volunteers, give out free popcorn, snowcones. Approach them in April to try to line up dates. Need Park permit and locates to check where gas lines are underground. Talk to Councillor Grimes about partnering on this initiative
Next meeting Wednesday April 4th at Cam’s house.
Motion to close meeting by Leanne, Kent seconded. All in favour.
Motion voted on via email on Feb 14, 2018
MRA Participant Status at OMB for 39 Newcastle
Motion by Chris, All in Favour
Be it resolved that Cam Smith request participant status on behalf of the MRA at the Ontario Municipal Board for OMB Case Number PL171173 Property, Location 39 Newcastle Street