Membership is open to all persons who live within the boundaries of the Mimico community (see map). Residents who are 16 years of age or over are eligible for a voting membership in the Mimico Residents Association.
Businesses and organizations that operate in the Mimico area and support the defined purpose of the MRA, residents under the age of 16 years, and non-resident owners of property in Mimico are eligible for non-voting memberships.
How to Join
There are now two easy ways to JOIN THE MRA:
- ONLINE: Fill out our new Online Member Form, click submit and then pay online via credit card or PayPal
- MAIL IN: Download and Print the PDF Member Form, fill it out and mail it with your cheque or money order
RENEWALS – PAY NOW: If you are or have been an MRA member in the last 2 years and your address and contact information has not changed, you can skip the form and go straight to the Payment Page or mail a cheque to Mimico Residents Association, 2408 Lake Shore Blvd. W., P.O. Box 14010, Toronto, ON M8V 4A2.
You can check your current member status and expiration date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The power of a community coming together is greater than an individual voice. Together we can identify our priorities and ensure our community becomes stronger every day.
The MRA needs membership fees and donations to operate and remain a vital and sustainable organization in our community. Expenses include liability insurance, photocopying, public meeting space rental and supplies for meetings and events.
- Members have the right to attend and speak at meetings of the Mimico Residents Association.
- Members will be notified of all membership meetings and other public meetings of the Mimico Residents Association
- Member will receive any publications of the Mimico Residents Association.
- Voting members are entitled to vote at Annual General Meetings and special membership meetings.
- Learn about possible development and redevelopment plans for the neighbourhood before they are finalized.
- Participate in decisions about what recreational programs, park improvements or other neighbourhood projects to lobby for.
- Connect with others who have similar interests – whether sports, gardening, fishing, sailing, reading, walking, cycling or kayaking.
- Find out about business trends and developments in the Lakeshore area.
- Receive Emails about Community News and Events
- Receive updates regarding local crime and how to prevent it, and protect yourself.
- Voting Rights