Minutes for MRA Board of Directors meeting
Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Meeting at the home of JoAnne
Present: Chris, Leanne, Lesley, JoAnne, Leigh, Deborah, Andrew, Kent, Anne
- As quorum was present, Chris moved to open the meeting at 7:37pm.
- Party in the Park – MRA to sell juice boxes and candy. New location: George R. Gauld on Melrose Street. Tuesday June 13th.
Action item: JoAnne to create schedule for the evening.
- Membership – Updated wording for website and June cutoff – Lesley. Change membership terms: If you sign up before June 30th you get until January. If you sign up in second half of the year, you get until the following January. $10 either way. Lesley proposed motion; seconded by JoAnne, all in favour.
Action item: Lesley to coordinate wording change on website as proposed to reflect the June 30th cutoff.
- Membership – JoAnne volunteered to take over from Lesley. Excel doc backed up on Google Drive. Follow up with member list each January. Paypal report printed out by Mary 2-3 times a year.
Action item: JoAnne will do handover training session with Lesley.
- Mural Location Idea – on Storefront Humber wall – StreetARToronto will pay 70% for approved projects. Lakeshore Arts has mural experience.
Action Item: Chris to speak with Executive Director at SFH regarding the idea.
- Update on meeting with new Candidate for MRA Board – John/Kent/Chris
Action Item: Chris to invite candidate to September meeting and ask if he’d like to join the MRA FB communication team.
- Bell Box Mural Project Update. Project funding $9600 approved through Councillor Grimes office. 8 boxes to be completed in September. Call for submissions to artists going out July 11th.
Action item: Leigh to do blog post on MRA website promoting call for submissions, MRA to publicize through other methods.
- Amos Waites Tree Planting Update – John confirmed city trees planted appear healthy.
- Consultation meeting tomorrow for Audley and Buckingham Street condo proposal. Lesley to attend.
- Mimico Ave and Lakeshore Blvd Ave intersection. Dangerous for crossing the road as the right turning vehicles passing the bus can’t see pedestrians.
Action Item: Chris to share resident concern with Councillor Grimes office.
- Insurance update: Leanne/Lesley confirmed proof of MRA insurance coverage received.
- Blue Goose Proposal Meeting: Townhouse building proposed. Concern about parking; only street parking on Cavell Avenue available.
- Next meeting date and place: Tues. Sept 12th, 7:30pm at Deborah’s house: 41 Dartmouth Crescent.
- Motion to terminate meeting: JoAnne. Seconded by Deborah. All in favour. Meeting terminated at 9:10pm.
Next meeting agenda item: Treasurer- filing taxes report