Mimico 20/20 was a revitalization initiative for the Mimico-By-The-Lake community. In 2009, after consultations with the community, planning consultant Urban Strategies recommended a City-initiated Official Plan amendment for the creation of a framework that addresses key policy areas including Land Use, Rental Housing, Density, Infrastructure, Design and Open Space.
“Mimico-By-The-Lake is a historic Toronto Community that is known for its unique lakeside location within Toronto’s waterfront. It has exemplary public spaces and connections to and along the waterfront with trails, parks and places for community gathering and play; an accessible, attractive and vibrant main street that supports transit and a mix of shops, services, employment opportunities and community activities and is a draw for residents and others outside the area; housing choices and opportunities for renewed rental and ownership; and inclusive participation from an active mixed income community which celebrates its history, diversity, environment, arts and culture.”
Materials & Background
A complete timeline, project updates and current documents are all available on the City of Toronto website Mimico 20/20 Page.
Key Documents of the Mimico-by-the-Lake Secondary Plan, approved in June 2013:
- Mimico 20/20 Final Report by Urban Strategies
- Mimico 20/20 Urban Design Guidelines by Urban Strategies: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
- Ward 6 Community Services and Facilities Study by Policy and Research Section, City Planning
- Community Services Gap Analysis
- Infrastructure Analysis and Functional Servicing Requirements
- Mimico Cultural Heritage Resource Assessment
- Mimico 20/20 Transportation Report
- Mimico 20/20 Community Energy Plan