Apply to join the Mimico Residents Association Board of Directors
Deadline: Jan 15, 2018
Are you a Mimico resident who is passionate about our community, and looking for a way to give back to the community? The Mimico Residents Association (MRA) is seeking engaged, committed and enthusiastic volunteers to join the Board of Directors.
The MRA is dedicated to improving Mimico by supporting activities that enhance the quality of life in our community, and communicating with Mimico residents to promote awareness of local events and relevant issues. Learn more about the MRA by visiting www.mimicoresidents.ca
To be eligible for a seat on the Board of Directors, an individual must:
- Be at least 18 years of age,
- Be or become a member of the Mimico Residents Association in good standing, and
- Live within the boundaries of the Mimico community (see map).
Responsibilities of a Board member include:
- Participate in monthly Board meetings (held in the evenings, September to June),
- Contribute to events planned or supported by the MRA (e.g., Halloween Dance, Party in the Park), and
- Stay informed about issues relevant to Mimico.
Applications will be accepted until January 15th, 2018 and vetted by a Nominating Committee comprised of Board members. Selected candidates will undergo an interview process and successful individuals will be invited to join our Board of Directors at our Annual General Meeting in March 2018. The commitment is for a minimum one year term.
To apply, please email your application to email@example.com telling us a bit about yourself. Please highlight what skills and experience you would bring to the board, such as Communications, Social Media (Facebook), Webmaster, etc.